Portable Appliance Testing (a PAT Test) is the best way to ensure that your organisations’ obligations have been met under the Health and Safety at Work Act so far as electrical safety is concerned and more importantly that your staffs, visitors, patients, buildings and possessions are safe.
Lloyd Electrical Contractors have a long standing history of offering high-quality PAT testing at affordable prices. Our team of qualified engineers will carry out the testing at a time and a place to suit your needs.
By delivering a programme of Portable Appliance Testing, we will manage your health and safety requirements in line with the recommended guidelines for frequency of testing. Where applicable we will:
- Visually inspect every appliance, lead and plug for damage, correct use and suitability for its environment
- Open every plug, check all fuses and replace if required
- Tighten every terminal and cable clamp
- Test earth resistance, insulation resistance, polarity and function/load
- Label every item with a unique code, in conjunction with the asset register
- Produce a typed asset/equipment register, detailing each item:
- Unique ID Number
- Make, model and serial number
- Date tested
- Next recommended retest date
- Condition (Pass/Fail)
- Record, make safe and report all failed items to the Duty Holder
- On completion of our portable appliance tests, we will produce a PAT Certificate which will list each item that has been tested, its location and the result of each test. During the electrical testing process, each item will be given a pass or fail sticker with an ID number for that item.